Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Modern: Cool Breeze Over the Mountains 4/10

Cool Breeze Over the Mountains cover art

Admittedly, I started listening to this with high expectations.
I have a very high respect for Spaceships and their independence as a duo.  It's very impressive to me that they write/produce/perform/record/mix/engineer/whatever else on their own, and I'll give them alot of credit for that.  However, their music leaves much to be desired.  The distortion is just too dissonant, there's too much unfiltered noise, it's almost painful to listen to, and not enough actual melody or solid rhythm or actual display of vocal/instrumental/technical talent.  Listening to them gives me a bit of a headache, truth be told, all that noise at once, it's hard to follow, and nothing particularly stands out.

Make your own decision on their music here.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, you'll always get highs and lows in music. gotta have some variety, right? and i do really respect how much more effort than some other bands they put into their music, it just happens to not particularly fit my taste.

    the font is called Sue Ellen Francisco, not too sure where you can download it...sorry about that. it doesn't seem to be coming up on the blog right now actually, but i'm trying to fix that now.

    thank you so much for the feedback btw, it really means alot to me. feel free to shoot me an email anytime you've got questions or anymore to say!

    ReplyDelete